Monday, July 27, 2009

GREETINGS FROM DOWN UNDER!

G'day everyone!! First of all, if your reading this I just want you to know how wonderful I think you are :)) Anyway, I have officially been in Australia for a few days now and thought I should put up my first post.  Everything is going really well here, I arrived in Sydney on Friday and as soon as I unpacked my things it was off to a weekend of surfing. Yes, you read correctly, surfing. Haha it was quite the experience, me being as clumsy as I am.  I was terrible, it was a lot of fun though and I did manage to stand for a couple seconds before falling over for like the hundredth time :) there were about 66 internationals going to the surf camp and it was so fun to meet everyone. I have never met so many people from so many countries before! I met people from Iceland, France, Germany, Mexico, Norway, England, Denmark, and many more countries.  I am living in a 5-bedroom apartment and had not met my apartmentmates before going to surf camp so when i got back yesterday i got to meet most of them and they are all really nice.  I am living with 2 guys and 2 girls, the guys are from Norway and England and the girls are from Thailand and Australia.  Well, I think that is all I am going to say today, I will leave you all with some of the lingo I have picked up in my first days here: brekkie (breakfast), rubbish (garbage), wettie (wetsuit), and uni (university). I will save more for later posts :) Hope you all are doing well and I would love to hear from you! I am on facebook, email, and skype a lot so keep me updated on life in the states! Miss you all!!!!

3 comments:

  1. hey-ya, mate!
    sounds like you're having quite the adventure already! can't wait to keep getting updates from you... :)
    we love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meghan! This is cousin Brian from the ATL. Grandma Jeanie gave me your blog address. Anneliese and I are super excited for your journey and cannot wait to read about your adventures in the southern hemisphere! much love and safe travels, Brian and Anneliese

    ReplyDelete